When a baby is born, it's the greatest joy of the parents. A newborn is so full of hope- so pure and so beautiful. We, the mothers, feel the inner peace when we held our baby tight in our arms providing security and love. Not long before our inner peace is broken when we realize the world out there is filled with pollution and toxic chemicals. As a mother, our main concern is our baby's health.
Your baby's skin is so soft and delicate. What comes closest to baby's skin?
We start to think of the clothes baby wearing. Cotton is the preferred fabric for the baby clothes due to their softness and breathability as recommended by many of the doctors. However, most of the cottons used are conventional and not organic.
Benefits of organic cotton clothes for your babies
- Reduce exposure to chemical - The organic cotton is grown without the use of chemical fertilizers, pesticides and insecticides.
- Helps to prevent allergies - Many babies develop allergies to chemicals early on. Organic cotton is a non allergenic fabric. It also prevents irritation that can cause rashes.
- Very soft and comfortable - Organic cotton fabric is used in making one of the softest baby clothes around. No worries on clothing rubbing harshly against baby's delicate skin.
- More durable and last longer - The organic cotton fibers that did not undergo chemical process can last longer and would not deteriorate just after few washes.
- Easier to clean - Organic cotton fabrics are easier to clean compare to other fabrics. A mild baby detergent and some warm water will be enough for washing.
What is GOTS?
GOTS, Global Organic Textile Standard, is a worldwide leading textile processing standard for organic fibres. It defines high-level environment criteria along the entire organic textiles supply chain and requires compliance with social criteria as well.
Environment and social criteria:
- Prohibits the use of toxic dyes like AZO dyes that releases carcinogenic amine compounds.
- Prohibits the use of toxic chemicals in the growing of organic cotton.
- Enforcing restriction for accessories and packaging containing PVC, Nickel, Chrome etc.
- Free from heavy metals, aromatic solvents, GMO, formaldehyde in garment production.
- The use of synthetic sizing agents is restricted; knitting and weaving oils must not contain heavy metals.
- Discharge printing methods using aromatic solvents and plastisol printing methods using phthalates and PVC are prohibited.
- Safe and hygienic working conditions.
- Prohibits child labor.
- No excessive working hours.
- Laborers receive a living wages.
- No discrimination.
Endanzoo is a proud member of Green People Organization. Green People Organization promote environmental sustainability and positive lifestyles that are greener, healthier and more eco friendly.